A Vacuum Tray Dryer works under vacuum conditions on the conduction principle. Inside the dryer are several shelves having trays on which the products are placed. The top most shelf is a dummy shelf placed there to ensure proper heating and to prevent the dried powder from escaping into the solvent extraction system. The shelves are constructed hollow with baffles cum stiffeners placed in between shelves. Every shelf has an inlet and outlet nozzle and is connected to an inlet and outlet header through these nozzles.
A hot medium reaches the shelf through the inlet header and flows through the shelves in a uniformly zig-zag pattern ensuring faster heat transfer to the surface. This in tam heats up the trays on the shelves. The hot medium flows out from the shelf through the outlet header.
The inlet and outlet headers are designed in such a way that the now of the heating medium is equally distributed into each of the shelves. The dryer chamber is constructed from heavy-duty plates to prevent the plates from buckling during the vacuum operation. Additional limpet coils are provided in order to further stiffen the body and to pass on the hot medium. The chamber is provided with a heavy door and adequate locking arrangement. The dryer chamber is connected to a shell & tube by means of a vapour column to a Heat Exchanger. This in turn is connected to a condensate receiver.
Vacuum is applied to the condensate receiver. Vapor evolved during the drying process collects in the receiver after it is cooled in the heat exchanger. The vapor to be cooled is passed through the tube side of the Heat Exchanger, while cooling water is passed through the shell side. A cooling coil in the condensate receiver cools any vapors entering the receiver before it goes into the vacuum pump. The condensate receiver is connected to a vacuum trap to make sure that any uncooled vapors from the receiver get trapped thus minimizing the vapor content entering the vacuum pump.
• All contact parts are made out of SS304 / SS316 / SS316L quality material in GMP models and mild steel externals with stainless steel internals in standard model.
• Hollow pad type heating shelves which are easily removable for maintenance.
• Condenser and condensate receiver fixed on the dryer body or stand alone for remote installation.
• Full welded skirt on vacuum dryer body for flush mounting through the wall.
• External fluid heating of dryer with protective panels in stainless steel or mild steel powder coated.
• Dedicated fluid heating and circulating systems. These can be steam or electrically heated. Fluid heating systems are available for water as well as thermic fluid (for temperature requirements above 95°C).
• Validation ports and nitrogen purge nozzles.
• Can be designed to customers specification requirements.
• Steam sterilisable models available.
• Double door loading available for large models.
• Halar lined internals for corrosive applications.
|Model||VTD 6||VTD 12||VTD 18||VTD 24||VTD 36||VTD 48||VTD 96|
|Capacity in Trays||6||12||18||24||36||48||96|
|Number of Shelves||6||6||6||8||12||16||32|
|Trays Per shelf||1||2||3||3||3||3||3|